Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.Read More...
Public Holidays in Luxembourg
A calendar of the national vacation days when businesses, schools and banks close in Luxembourg. With links to holidays in the UK and US...
The French for bank holiday/public holiday/legal holiday is un jour férié, the German word is gesetzliche Feiertage and the Luxembourgish word is Feierdag.
- Luxembourgish organisations and businesses close on public holidays
- Although some shopping centres and grocers open for part of the day, the majority of shops do not
- Police stations and hospitals do not close
- When a public holiday falls on a Thursday or Tuesday, it is common practice to "make the bridge" (faire le pont) by taking off the Friday or Monday so creating a long weekend. When this happens, businesses may operate with fewer staff or smaller family-run businesses may close for the full period
- Public holidays that fall on a Sunday are usually observed on the following Monday
- For information from the Luxembourg government on public holidays: Click here (in French)
Public Holidays Worldwide
For information on public holidays around the world, see the following links:
National and Regional Holidays
|23 June 2013 (Sun)||National Day||National|
|15 August 2013 (Thu)||Assumption||National|
|2 September 2013 (Mon)||Luxembourg City Kermesse||Regional observation only (Luxembourg City).|
|1 November 2013 (Fri)||All Saints' Day||National|
|24 December 2013 (Tue)||Christmas Eve 1/2 day||National|
|25 December 2013 (Wed)||Christmas Day||National|
|26 December 2013 (Thu)||St Stephen's Day||National|
|1 January 2014 (Wed)||New Year's Day||National|
|3 March 2014 (Mon)||Regional holiday||National|
|18 April 2014 (Fri)||Good Friday||National|
|21 April 2014 (Mon)||Easter Monday||National|
|1 May 2014 (Thu)||Labor Day/May Day||National|
|29 May 2014 (Thu)||Ascension||National|
|9 June 2014 (Mon)||Whit Monday||National|
|23 June 2014 (Mon)||National Day||National|
|15 August 2014 (Fri)||Assumption||National|
|1 September 2014 (Mon)||Regional holiday||National|
|1 November 2014 (Sat)||All Saints' Day||National|
Discover the varied range of Domaine Vinsmoselle Wines and Crémants in our shop and tasting... Read more...
Fresh home made hamburgers and souvlaki. Fu bar is also equipped with large screen TV for live... Read more...