If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Luxembourg, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Trains and Railways in Luxembourg
Route maps and booking information for the national rail service, regional trains and the urban train network: to help you find your way around Luxembourg...
Luxembourg's train service is run by the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL), a public company.
For an interactive map of train stations in Luxembourg: Click here. Select a station for information on bike and car parking spaces, timetables, opening times and train lines running to and from the station.
|CFL Information||Tel: 24 89 24 89|
|International bookings online||Website (in French)|
|Railway network traffic information||Website (in French)|
CFL also operates a shuttle bus from the main Luxembourg station and some regional stations.
- For the shuttle-bus timetables: Click here
Tickets and Fares
CFL has a number of different tickets and passes.
- Long-term ticket (billet longue durée): Unlimited travel in second class (upgradeable to first class) on the public transport network within Luxembourg. From the moment the ticket is validated for the first time it can be used until 08:00 the following day. Booklets of five long-term tickets are available at a reduced price
- Short-term ticket (billet courte durée): Valid for two hours in second class (upgradeable to first class) on the public transport network within Luxembourg. Booklets of ten long-term tickets are available at a reduced price
- Weekend ticket (billet weekend): Unlimited travel on the weekend and public holidays. From the moment the ticket is validated for the first time it can be used until 03:00 the following day
Monthly or annual season tickets can be purchased for frequent travellers, large families, those over 60 years old and people under 20 years old.
- For information on monthly train passes (abonnement mensuel): Click here (in French)
- For information on annual train passes (abonnement annuel): Click here (in French)
Free travel and reduced fares
Passengers with a disabled persons card (Carte d'Invalidité) do not need a ticket to travel, their Carte d'Invalidité is valid for travel (in second class only).
- For further information on the disabled persons card: Click here (in French)
Accompanied children under the age of 12 travel for free.
Groups and families of at least ten passengers can obtain a group ticket at reduced price. CFL also provide excursions for groups and families to 40 different destinations.
- For further information on group excursions: Click here (in French)
Monthly travel passes are available for cross-border workers for travel between Luxembourg and France, Germany or Belgium.
- For further information on the different cross-border passes: Click here (in French)
The nearest Thalys stations with frequent trains are in Brussels and Liège (Belgium) to travel to France, the Netherlands and Germany.
The nearest Eurostar station is Brussels (Belgium) to travel to London.
Tel: +32 (0)2 402 24 30
TGV stations are available near Metz (France) and in Liège and Brussels (Belgium). A shuttle bus is available from Luxembourg station to Gare Lorraine TGV Express (France).
Tel: 24 89 24 89
Passengers requiring assistance should contact CFL at least 24 hours prior to travelling.
Tel: 49 90 33 42
For a list of train stations with facilities for persons with reduced mobility: Click here, select the region and then "Gare" under "Type de Site".
Information is also available in French for each individual train station: Click here and select the required station.
Pets on Trains
Guide dogs of any size accompanying a blind or visually impaired person are allowed on all trains. All dogs may travel free of charge on national trains. It is recommended that large dogs wear a muzzle. A ticket must be bought for dogs on international trains.
Evasion is a subsidiary of CFL organising both package and bespoke tourist trips.
From the blog, Lux Live
The Kanner Jugend Telefon (KJT) was established in 1992 and offers a free, confidential advice-l... Read more